YALI® is a chemically inactive material, has a neutral pH value and low electrical conductivity. This makes YALI® the ideal inorganic component for base layers and can optimise your production. For this reason YALI® is successfully used, for example, in plant cultivation. In agriculture YALI® is particularly suitable because of its following properties:
- free from inorganic and organic contaminants,
- constant grain fractions,
- Long-term properties,
- low costs and
- great availability.
YALI® is used in garden and landscape design as a base layer, for example in
- hydroponic vegetable plantations, such as tomatoes, aubergines, cucumbers, melons, etc.
- hydroponic flower plantings, such as roses, daisies, etc.
- plantations for potted plants.
- plant nurseries for raising seedlings for plants.
YALI® is a pure natural product without organic or inorganic impurities, which, if the appropriate irrigation procedures are followed, ensures adequate aeration and water supply for the root system of plants.
YALI® is very well suited as an aggregate for green roofs due to its low raw grain density, uniform grain size distribution, chemical purity and stability, especially in frost and high external pressure.